Monday, January 30, 2012

Chapter 6...Unfinished

Don't you just love a good superhero. I know I do. They are strong, bold, brave, and intelligent. Most of them have bodies that seem physically impossible to nature but that is something easily overlooked. I have always been a fan of superheroes whether I watched them in the movies or imagined them inside of my head.

Currently Tamiko has taken over my brain and has become the ultimate realistic superhero. I wanted to make her unbelievably strong and fast, while still cunning and intelligent. But, I wanted her to have the personality of someone you feel like you know or could know. She is just a normal girl on the inside. She has fears, but she still does incredibly remarkable stuff.

She is the realistic superhero, the modern mystical fighter. (She gets to be mystical because she is part vampire.) Tamiko is your high school best friend, or maybe even that girl that you always thought was cool, but never really got a chance to get to know. Basically, Tamiko is who I would want to be or who I would want my friend to be. But, I couldn't overlook things like vulnerability. No one is perfect, everyone has a weakness, which is what gives the villains a fighting chance. Tamiko is just an average girl who does some pretty spectacular things! I hope once I finish this book everyone will be able to see the girl that Tamiko is and care for her as much as I do!

Progress Report on Writing:
Currently I am in the midst of chapter 6. Not all the way done but semi-close. If I had to put a number on it I would say I am about 3/4th of the way through. I was able to get some writing done at my mom's church yesterday so I wrote some stuff down on paper and I have yet to type it up. I can't wait to share my story with the world!

Happy Reading and Happy Dreaming!

Kelley Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment